The Route (Click to zoom)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rest Day in Freiburg

June 8th
0km

First rest day with the group. Slept for 11.5 hours last night – must be the jetlag...and the lack of sleep over graduation week.

Low key day. Most people spent the morning cleaning their bikes. I cleaned for an hour, repacked my bags, and then read my book. (My book right now is Nate's book “One bullet away”). Wandered into town for lunch with the Auzzie crew. Sat in the hot sun beside a huge cathedral. Read my book some more and then slept for 2 hours in the afternoon (again, jetlag related...Nate's book is very interesting.) There was a thunderstorm in the afternoon, so we abandoned our plan to watch the Germany v. Poland soccer match at the outdoor pub. Instead, dinner was at a little Italian place with the Auzzies.

1 comment:

Nate Fick said...

Dan, I'm greatly relieved to know that jetlag, rather than my book, put you to sleep! Thanks for keeping this blog so we can all live vicariously through you. Safe riding, Nate