The Route (Click to zoom)

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Back to Munster

June 6th
0km

Today started with a graduation ceremony in and ended in a campsite in Munster France. I woke up at 6am EST on June 5th, and I'm about to go to bed now at 3pm EST on June 6th.

Graduation week back at HBS was fun. Great to see friends on last time before I left for 6 months. Definitely bittersweet to say goodbye. My parents came for the ceremony, brought me some last minute trip supplies and carried all of my remaining Boston possessions back to Niagara Falls. Very much appreciated mom & dad!

No travel problems this time. Al and I took a cab to Logan airport in Boston, flew to Paris (via Dublin) and then took a series of 3 trains to get back to Munster...where we had finished cycling to last week. We met the group, retrieved our bikes and bags, and set up tents for the first time.

We spent the afternoon chatting with the other cyclists. Apparently they have had 5 days of rain, and people seemed a big grumpy about that. Its raining steadily still. Hope it dries up by tomorrow.

1 comment:

LFL said...

Heard all about the Harvard graduation from your Dad. An 8 minute speech in LATIN! I am certain you were happy to be able to get back for it.

Not having a lay-over at some airport must also have been an added bonus.

No the real slogging begins...with 40 other riders. Enjoy the trip.

LFL