The Route (Click to zoom)

Sunday, June 1, 2008

11 - Train to Paris

May 31st
2km

We workup early and took a train back to Paris. We arrive at noon, having just missed the rider meeting. I reclaimed my bags from the hotel and repacked for the trip to Boston. My bags had 10lbs of extra space, so I might bring some more things from Boston when I return.

In the evening, we had a drink with some of the other riders. There are about 40 for the trip to Istanbul - more than I expected. There are less than 10 on the Istanbul - Beijing leg so far...so there´s still time to join!

Al and I met the other 5 riders that will be doing the entire trip with us. We were pleased to have some other young people in this group, as most of the riders are much older than us. (You can see photos and profiles of most riders on http://www.tourdafrique.com/ )

No comments: