The Route (Click to zoom)

Friday, August 8, 2008

Recovering

Rest Day in Yusufeli
August 8th
0km

Had a quick dinner at the hotel last night and then went to bed. Another rough night with many rushed visits to the restroom. Joan, the tour doctor, gave me some antibiotics, a “gut relaxer” and some electrolyte replacement powder this morning and I'm feeling a bit better. Took the pills and slept another 3 hours.
Spent the afternoon relaxing and playing on the internet. Unfortunately, the hotel is full tonight so I'm moving to a hostel room at the campsite. I won't get air conditioning, but I'll keep the en suite.

I hope to ride the full distance tomorrow, but that will largely depend on how well I sleep tonight. If I feel miserable again, then I don't think I'll have the energy for a long hot day on the bike. Its upsetting to think that I might not get to ride EFI on the trip, but at this point the matter is really out of my control. Either way, I hope to be feeling better soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are not well. Hope that you get a good sleep and feel better in the morning. Keep taking clear liquids (soup, ginger ale, juices) instead of solid food and give your stomach a chance to recover and get back to normal.
Take care, Ma.

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better today! I'm sure you are by now.
I hope you can continue covering EFI of the route, it would be a shame if you couldn't, mind you nobody HAS to know you didn't:)
It sure will be great to see you again back home, but I'd say make sure you take full advantage of your time away & full of so much adventures. Stay healthy, happy & safe!!