The Route (Click to zoom)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rest Day in Budapest

June 27th
0km

Rest days need more rest. I spent the day walking around and I'm exhausted. Picked up my laundry and found an internet cafe this morning before exploring Budapest. We are staying on the “Pest” side of the Danube, and I walked over to the Buda side and climbed a bunch of stairs to get a nice view of the city and the river.

Everyone in the group is looking for laundry, internet, bike shops, etc. so its very common for us to bump into each other frequently, even in a large city. Its strange to walk down the street of a new city and stop 3 times to chat with friends.

Found a scale today. I weighed 183...7lbs heavier than when I left Boston. Obviously my days of 2 ice cream bars and 4 peanut butter with nutella sandwiches are having an impact. As we continue to move east, I think that the opportunity for sweets will decrease significantly while the difficulty of the ride increases as well. This should drop my weight...at least that is how I will justify my second ice cream tonight.

No comments: